Click here for photos of this build

Eric came by the shop to personally choose the wood for his guitar. He decided on a beautiful set of Madagascar rosewood for his Michigan. The top will be old growth red spruce.


May 23: I jointed the two bookmatched Madagascar rosewood panels we are using for Eric’s Michigan. Once I was happy with the joint, I glued up the edges and put them in my clamping jig. Once the glue had cured, I ran the back through my thickness sander to clean up the glue and get the back close to final thickness. I still need to remove the sanding scratches with my random orbital sander, but I’ll do that once I have the back inlays in.

May 24: I repeated the glue up process with the two red spruce panels for the top. Again, I cleaned up the glue by running the top through the thickness sander. I left the top a touch on the thick side. Once I have the rosette in, I’ll clean up the top and take it down to the proper thickness. More on that at a later date.